- Initiates a headshot rampage
- 0367: init_gta3_rampage '[string]' [int1] [int2] [int3] [int4] [int5] [int6] [int7] [int8]
- GXT key to display at the start of the rampage. The text is small and yellow and fades in and out
- Weapon type
- Time in milliseconds allowed for the rampage
- Number of targets required to complete rampage
- Target #1 model index as defined in the PEDS section of the IDE file; also acceptable is model's DFF name with a hash character. Use -1 for any ped.
- Target #2, use -1 if target #2 is not needed
- Target #3, use -1 if target #3 is not needed
- Target #4, use -1 if target #4 is not needed
- Normally set to 0, but if set to 1, completing the rampage will display the GXT key
KF_3, which does not exist by default in the GXT file, and so will display the text as "KF°3 missing". The text is light green and fades in and out while it scrolls up at the same time.
This opcode initiates a rampage that requires headshots to complete the rampage. When the rampage starts, a small magenta timer appears on the right side of the screen and will count down to 0. An orange counter appears below indicating the number of headshots of the target models needed to complete the rampage. The player character will be given the set weapon with 30000 ammo and weapon scrolling is disabled. Of course, the rampage can only be completed with weapons that can shoot the head off the peds. The M16 and Sniper Rifle can instantly cause a headshot but any guns that fire bullets have a chance to cause a headshot. When the timer reaches ten seconds, beeps are sounded until the rampage ends. When the timer reaches three seconds, the timer will flash.
Although not recommended, initiating another rampage while the current one is in progress will instantly end the previous one and start the next one. But after the rampage ends, the weapon from the previous rampage does not disappear and will give the player max ammo for that weapon.
For Vice City
This opcode does not exist in Vice City, but the function that starts rampages still allows headshot-only rampages. The following example, using Sanny Builder with CLEO for Vice City in an external script (not the main one), and tested on US v1.0, should work similarly to this opcode. Place this at the end of the file:
:opcode_0367_supplement while true wait 0 01FA: [email protected] = rampage_status if [email protected] == 1 // make sure rampage has started then 05DF: write_memory 0xA10B94 size 1 value 1 virtual_protect 0 // enables headshot-only break end end 05F6: ret 0
Use this line as a supplement for opcode 01F9. This can be placed on the line just below 01F9 within the external script:
01F9: ... 05F5: call_scm_func @opcode_0367_supplement inputs 0
init, rampage, head shot, kill frenzy
- 01F9, for general rampage